Step 1 : Enable IMAP
To scan your mailbox for emails, you need to enable IMAP for your Gmail account.
- Go to your Gmail settings Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "IMAP access" section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes (don't forget this step ⚠️).
Step 2 : Turn on 2-Step Verification
- Go to your Google Account Security tab.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get started and follow the steps.
Step 3 : Create an App Password
- Go to your Google Account Security tab again.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click App Passwords.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose Other (Custom Name).
- Enter "Leave Me Alone" and choose GENERATE.
- Copy the App Password (the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device) - don't forget this bit ️⚠️.
You can now connect your Gmail to Leave Me Alone using your email address and the App Password you just generated
The setting that you are looking for is not available for your account.
You must enable 2-step verification for the app password setting to be available for your Google account so please check you have done this first.
If you can't see the option to enable 2-step verification and you have a Google Workspace account please see the next section.
There is no option to create an app password (Google Workspace)
If you are connecting a Google Workspace account and you don't see the option to create an app password you will need to contact your system administrator and ask them to enable access.
They can find it in Security -> Access and data control -> Less secure apps -> Select the option "Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps".
Once this has been done you should be able to follow this guide to create an app password and connect your account to Leave Me Alone.
There is no option to enable 2-step verification
If you are connecting a Google Workspace account and you don't see the option to enable 2FA then you will need to contact your system administrator and ask them to enable to the setting.
They can find it in Security -> Authentication -> 2-step verification -> Check the box "Allow users to turn on 2-Step Verification"